The Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring Course is open to any trainer teaching California law enforcement. This course satisfies the requirement for certification in the IDI program at Level 3.
The purpose of this course is to further develop the California law enforcement trainers’ knowledge and skills in Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching with a specific focus on using these skills as a trainer. This training is led by a team of highly experienced trainers who will facilitate this training course with active, hands-on participation with the students. Course work includes learning by doing through practical exercise.
- Orientation to leadership and leadership principles
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leading the Generations
- Mentoring of Instructors
- Coaching and Counseling Skills for Trainers
Course Dates and Locations
- Mach 8-10, 2017 San Diego, CA
- March 15-17, 2017 Roseville, CA
- May 10-12, 2017 San Diego, CA
- June 7-9, 2017 San Diego, CA
- September 13-15, 2017 San Diego, CA
- November 28-30, 2017 Orange County, CA
- January 29-31, 2018 San Diego, CA
Course Certification Number: 9070-21722
Course Certification Hours: 24
Course Fee Information
There are no tuition costs for California law enforcement Instructors. Travel reimbursement is available through the POST Letter of Agreement (LOA) or Training Reimbursement Request (TRR). This course is exempt from the current POST Plan IV TRR reimbursement restrictions as outlined in POST Bulletin 2017-01.
1/29-31/2018 San Diego, CA
January 29, 2018 - January 31, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm