As the first class in the six course HR Academy series, Fundamentals of Human Resources is a day long course designed to provide an overview and context for the unique aspects of public sector HR. Students will be introduced to the value of human resources as a business partner responsible for both understanding and promoting the organization’s goals while also supporting public sector merit principles, ethics and culture. The course also provides an overview of relevant laws.
- Overview of the sub-disciplines of Human Resources and their inter-relationships
- The many roles of a Human Resources professional
- Public sector culture, politics, and ethics
- Human Resources as a partner in promoting organizational goals
- Human Resources technologies and their uses
- Public sector employment and their regulations
Course Fee: $199.00
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
10/02/2017 – San Diego
October 02, 2017 - October 02, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm