This course is designed for dispatchers and supervisors responsible for the receipt of domestic violence and sexual assault calls, their management and the dispatch of first responders. This one day course provides current information to assist dispatchers in the safe and successful handling of domestic violence and sexual assault incidents. This offering is a special course, providing 4 hours of POST certification on sexual assault and 4 hours of POST certification on domestic violence in one day. The course is team taught by a dispatcher, a law enforcement investigator and a victim advocate.
Course Topics Include:
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Dynamics
- Legal Update & Evidence Preservation
- Dispatcher’s Role in working with Victims, Suspects, Children, Law Enforcement and Prosecution
- Obtaining good information on these calls
- Wellness and Upcoming Trends