This workshop teaches current guidelines and up-to-date writing practices to ensure that business documents are easily readable, correct, polished, and professional. In a fun, interactive format, participants learn how to organize their thoughts to present their ideas clearly and effectively, and they learn how to avoid common communication and grammatical errors that can sabotage credibility. Plenty of hands-on exercises focus on improving and fine-tuning writing skills.
Attendees will work on their own writing samples, so please bring your own emails, reports, letter or any other writing you wish to improve.
- Writing clearly and succinctly
- Making it clear to the reader why you are writing
- Cutting excess words
- Organizing what you write for your reader
- Being clear on who wants the report and why? Who will read the report and what are they looking for? What information does the reader need to know?
- Being strategic, including thinking through what questions readers will have and including these things in your report.
- Making sure the critical information stands out for the readers can easily see what’s important.
Course Fee: $150.00
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
6/14/2017 – San Diego
June 14, 2017 - June 14, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
10/17/2017 – Carlsbad
October 17, 2017 - October 17, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm