This is a one day, 8-hour awareness course that will give enough depth of information to the first responder to enable them to effectively recognize the signs of human trafficking and enslavement, perform a preliminary investigation to determine if critical statutes are being violated and what resources are available to first responders, professionals and victims concerning human trafficking of minors.
Who Should Attend:
This is a one-day, 8-hour POST-certified course for first responders. The first responders have the best potential for intercepting a human trafficking of minors crime at any of the stages of the crime if properly trained.
- Scope of Human Trafficking
- Law Enforcement Responsibilities
- Child & Minor Human Trafficking
- Case Development & Case Studies
- Collaboration with Victim Service Providers
- Investigative Tools
- Identification of Child Trafficking Victim & Legal Issues
Course Certification Number: 9070-21517
Course Certification Hours: 8
Course Fee Information:
There is no cost for this training; it is funded by a California EMA grant.
There is no reimbursement available for travel, lodging or per diem.